Captured images of God's amazing creation!

Saturday, August 15, 2015

July’s Nebulae:

I was blessed with two beautiful clear nights around July’s new moon to shoot some classic sky gems!
The Eagle Nebula (taken from our front yard) is an emission nebula in the constellation Serpens about 7000 light years away. The second image is the Western Veil Nebula (shot from the east side of Algonquin Park), a supernova remnant in the constellation Cygnus at only 1470 light years from earth. I shot the East side of the veil 2 years ago so I was happy to complete the pair!
The day I shot the Veil I noted my Bible app “verse of the day”: Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you. (Jer 32:17)
The Eagle Nebula (M16) - 2.5 hours total exposure
The Western Nebula - 4 hours exposure under light polution free skies

 

No comments:

Post a Comment